When to book a newborn session?
-It is never too early to book your newborn photo session so please try to book while you are still expecting to guarantee a session. I
schedule a limited number of newborn photo sessions per week to allow for the fact that some babies arrive early and some arrive late.
We shoot newborns up to around 14 days of age, unless they are premature.
When to book a maternity session?
-It's up to client preference but I personally recommend between 30 and 36 weeks.
When to book a birth or fresh 48 session?
- As with newborns, it's never to early to book your birth or fresh 48 photos. We only take one or two a month and are on call for 6
weeks to allow for the fact that birth is unpredictable.
When to book a wedding?
- As soon as you have a wedding date, it is a good idea to book your wedding to guarantee your photographer. Some last minute weddings
are available depending on what else is booked, however we would prefer at least 12 weeks notice.
What to wear to a maternity session?
- Clothing will depend on what style you are wanting for your session. We have a beautiful range of maternity gowns to suit everyone.
Try to avoid bold patterns and distracting logos. Please feel free to contact me for a consultation on what to wear if required.
What to wear to a newborn session?
- A set of black and white clothing is preferred for each member of the family- dads and boys are able to remove their shirts if preferred.
Please feel free to contact me for a consultation on what to wear if required.
Why is it best to photograph newborns under 14 days of age?
- Worldwide, newborn photo sessions are recommended for babies under 14 days of age with the optimum time being 4-10 days. This is
because babies are sleepiest, and easiest to settle during this time. Photo sessions held after 14 days frequently run for an hour or so
longer as babies are harder to settle and more wakeful/aware of Mum's absence etc. so please be prepared for this. Also, babies like to curl
up beautifully before 14 days so many of the images in baskets or on posing backdrops work best during this time. The "head in hands" or
"froggy" pose composite images are almost always of babies under 12 days of age. Babies need to be very relaxed and in a deep sleep to
achieve this pose which involves adult support and compositing 2 images in Photoshop post production.
Time to complete the work:
- My current time as of Feb 2019 is around 2-3 weeks from the session date to finish editing and provide an online gallery for you to view. Once the gallery is online via this website, you may choose your images for download. The gallery will remain visible for 7 days. If I have not had any communication from a client after I have provided an online gallery and have emailed/communicated that it is ready, I will remove the gallery after 7 days and charge $50 to re upload it.
- Retainer fees are due upon booking of the session. The remaining fees are due the day of the session, before commencement unless agreed upon in writing prior to the session taking place.
Payment in instalments:
- I am happy for clients to have a "payment plan" that extends past the session if agreed upon. Images will not be released till the final amount is paid in full.
What to Wear and Bring?
- For all of my sessions, I recommend clothing that is neutral, not baggy and without logos or heavy patterns. For newborn sessions, please bring both black and white shirts for each family member.I provide all that is needed for newborn sessions, so unless you have a special item you would like in your images, you do not need to provide anything. During each session I run heating. It may be hot for for adults and siblings, so please dress accordingly.
Safety and Hygiene:
- Your baby's safety is paramount to me. Some of my images are composites in Photoshop which means that the baby has been supported entirely and the supporting parent's arm or hand is erased in Photoshop when editing. I will never place your baby in an unsafe or uncomfortable pose. I always ask that a parent or assistant is beside the baby on each surface. After each session, I wash fabrics and props used and sanitiser is available and used in the studio.
Can I purchase all of the images taken?
- I do not sell or provide unedited images. One of the reason clients love my work is due to my editing style. I spend between 5-6 hours editing each session. During this time I also convert RAW digital files to high resolution, printable formats. Editing enhances and finalises each photograph as a piece of art.
Where to Print:
- All of my printed products are printed at a professional printing lab. Taking your images to other printing companies may not produce the work as it should be printed. Printing is available directly from your gallery.